Regular oral care can help prevent diseases and affect overall quality of life. People with dental insurance are much more likely to visit their dentist on a routine basis and receive consistent care. Our agent at Jon Nolan Insurance in Coppell, Texas, can help you choose an individual dental plan so you can get the ongoing care you need.
Choosing an Individual Dental Plan
Oral health and individual dental plan needs vary according to age. For example, people in the 20 to 39 age group have fewer dental problems, while people ages 40 to 59 are more likely to need restorative procedures, such as root canals and crowns. In evaluating a dental plan, it is wise to consider:
- How many dentists are in the network? Dentists who participate in networks accept lower fees.
- Does the plan encourage preventative care? Preventative care reduces long-term dental costs and impacts overall healthcare costs.
- How quickly are calls answered, claims paid, and problems resolved? You want to have confidence in the quality of service your plan provides.
- Does the plan offer enhanced benefits for people with medical conditions? Many carriers offer enhanced benefits for little or no additional cost to people with health conditions such as diabetes, cardiac disease, and pregnancy.
What Do Dental Plans Cover?
Depending on the plan you choose, our dental insurance benefits can include:
- Preventive Care: Covers routine cleanings for all covered persons and fluoride treatments for those under the age of 16 on the plan, often with no deductible or waiting period.
- Basic Services: This often includes simple fillings or emergency treatment for dental pain.
- Major Services: This can include retainers and root canals. These are often subject to the plan’s deductible and waiting periods.
- Wide Dental Network: This insurance can provide access to a wide network including dental offices in both private and retail settings.
- Direct Payment: No need to submit claim forms, in-network dentist gets directly paid.
- No Age Restrictions: Find coverage for every member of your family and every stage of life. Even if you are on Medicare, which doesn’t include dental benefits, we have plans designed specifically for seniors.
Cost of Individual Dental Insurance
Individual dental insurance premiums vary widely depending on the type of plan you choose – HMO (with a more restrictive network), PPO (you can use a non-network dentist but pay more out of pocket), or indemnity (you choose your dentist, pay upfront, submit a claim, and wait for reimbursement). At Jon Nolan Insurance, we can help you find a plan that fits your budget and provides the best benefits for you and your family.